Sunday 19 December 2010

About Castor

Letter 2,25 - to John, bishop of Ravenna. April 592.

"Your Fraternity showed your compassion, keen before to visit our brother and fellow-bishop Castor, suiting your convenience, and also to receive him afterwards in the city of Ravenna, because of the growing sickness of his body.
Wherefore you have without doubt indebted not just us, for the charity given by you, but God as well. For you have proved that you felt compassion over a brother's illness, and have not only visited him when sick with bodily pains, but also received him at your home.
In fact I myself refused totally to consecrate him there, because of his simple-mindedness. But the insistence of his supporters brought it about that I could in no way speak against him. But if it ca be done, you will greatly benefit me and yourself if you send him down to me even via Sicily, provided you judge that the journey is not painful for him."

No comments:

Post a Comment